2003-10-07

07 October 2003

Minneapolis. Maybe not so surprisingly, the wife questioned last evening if we had ever discussed my participation in this (ad)venture. I guess I had always thought she was kidding each time she said, “you’re not going”, as if she, too, realized that many international projects don’t get off the ground. Certainly, her statement could not have been an instruction to me, as we don’t instruct each other, preferring more voluntary exchanges.

Anyway, I guess it’s just starting to sink in that I’ll be way far away for quite a while. It’s my adventure though, and I feel that she may believe that she’s not a part of it, as she most certainly was on the Caribbean excursion.

I did promise to be back in six months, so I’d best not miss that deadline, putting me back in the States in time to figure out my taxes.

Found a foot bag and a small cribbage board at lunch today, prior to my appointment at the Hennepin County Public Health Center to get a “take test” on my small pox inoculation. Two employees had to look and look at the site and their informational pamphlet before deciding that the shot “took”. I just hope that they are correct, not wanting to be completely pox-ed.

I think I’m ready to leave now.

No comments: